This one is brand new to the repertoire; I first made it last winter from a recipe I found on About.com. The only problem with this one is you have to make it several hours in advance so it can sit in the fridge and set.
* 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning (find a recipe on line)
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
* 2 teaspoons finely minced red bell pepper, optional
* 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
* 1 1/4 cup fresh fine bread crumbs, divided
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, and seasonings; set aside.
Drain crabmeat; gently squeeze to get as much of the liquid out as possible. Put crabmeat in a bowl. With a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in mayonnaise mixture and 1 cup of the bread crumbs, just until blended. Shape into 8 crab cakes, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. I use a biscuit or cookie cutter with an open top to shape the cakes and press the ingredients down to make them hold together. Press gently into reserved crumbs. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
Heat clarified butter or oil over medium heat. Fry crab cakes for about 5 minutes on each side, carefully turning only once. Serve with lemon wedges and Remoulade or other sauce.
17 hours ago