Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A grown-up meal


I love to dream up flavor combinations; this week's brainstorm was pumpkin, coconut, and feta cheese. I think this might have been the most delicious meal I have ever eaten. My daughter had other ideas: "too grown up for me!"

Pumpkin coconut soup with feta cheese biscuits

2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 15 oz can)
1/2 cup diced onion (about 1 medium onion)
2 tablespoons butter
1 quart vegetable stock
1/2 cup half and half
3/4 cup coconut milk (about 1/2 can)

Sautee onions in butter, about 2 minutes, add pumpkin and liquids, stir until smooth. Season with coriander, curry, salt and pepper to taste. Dice cucumber and sautee lightly until bright green. Put cucumber in soup bowl and pour the hot soup over it.

Serve with feta cheese biscuits (standard bisquik or baking soda biscuits with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled feta added to dough)

No comments:

Post a Comment